Every family has its own recipe and in Indian homes, normally chicken is cooked with Indian aromatic spices and a tomato/yogurt/coconut base to make a gravy/curry. It is not every day that we cook or eat curries with cupfuls of cream or dyed in food colouring or mellowed down with loads of sugar. Even if you have bare minimum spices in your pantry, you can still turn chicken into this gratifying curry.
This recipe is inspired from a similar recipe shared by our own Benu Di (Supriya Devi of Tollygung Film Industry), who shared this recipe in one of her show called “Benudir Rannaghor” many years back in television. She named it as ‘Supriya Chicken’. I have made some alteration in it keeping the basic recipe almost same. You can try this easy and quick recipe on any day dinner or lunch when you are in hurry. So, let’s see how to make Quick Chicken Curry…
- Clean the chicken and marinate with yogurt and garlic paste for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop onion. Fry till it turns into golden brown. Take out all fried onions and keep aside.
- Dissolve sugar, Kashmiri chillie powder and red chilli powder in little water. Pour in this mixture in oil. Stir for couple of minutes. This will give the gravy a nice red colour.
- Next put the marinated chicken in the oil. Stir well.
- Put in coriander powder, salt and ¾ of the fried onions.
- Mix very well, cover and cook in slow fire till the chicken is not cooked.
- After 25-30 minutes remove the lid and mix in the rest fried onion and garam masala.
- Serve hot with roti, Paratha or Bengali Style Vegetable Fried Rice.