This is a super easy and delicious cake. Every time I bake this cake it reminds me my childhood memories when Maa used to bake it mixing these two very basic batters …. Vanilla and Chocolate. I used to wonder how come these two mixtures gets mixed and gives the marble effect!
Last weekend when I checked my refrigerator I found there is a packed of unsalted butter laying on corner of it. I immediately thought of making some cake. Fortunately all other ingredients were also in my pantry like cocoa powder, vanilla essence, some fruits and nuts. So I made two cakes … Simple Fruit-n-Nut Cake and Vanilla-n Chocolate Marble Cake. All of my family members are fond of home baked cakes so it didn’t took much time to finish off both the cakes! Try this marble cake at home, trust me it would be loved by in your family too!
- Prepare a round cake pan. I used an 8 inches round pan.
- Grease the cake pan lightly with oil. You can also line the pan with butter paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Sieve the flours, baking powder.
- Add butter and sugar and beat very well.
- Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time and mix uniformly.
- Add vanilla extract. Stir and mix quickly but uniformly.
- Now divide the mixture in two equal poetions.
- Mix in cocoa powder with ¼ cup of luke warm water. Now mix in this cocoa mix with one portion of the batter. Mix very well.
- Pour in the vanilla mixture in the cake pan just to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Now pour in chocolate cake batter mixture on top of the vanilla layer.
- Again pour in the vanilla mix. Again chocolate mix on top of it.
- Repeat this process unless both the batters get exhausted.
- Shake and tap the pan lightly so that the cake mix is spread evenly throughout the whole pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnut on top (optional).
- Bake in the preheated oven at 150-180 degrees C for 40-45 minutes or more or less depending on your oven.
- Insert a knife or tooth peak in middle of the cake if it comes clean then your cake is ready!
- Cut in triangles or squares and serve with hot tea of coffee.
~ The batter in this cake is a bit thin compared to other cake batters so bake in low heat.