Ingredients for making 12 muffins
- 1 cup Fine Semolina – (Approx 200 gms)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Mango Pulp or Fresh Mango Cubes
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 pinches Salt – Fat
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil – + for greasing the muffin moulds
- ½ tsp Green Cardamom – 3 or Cardamom Powder
- Chopped Cherries – For garnishing
- Pre heat the oven at 180 C.
- In a mixing bowl mix semolina, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda and crushed green cardamom or cardamom powder.
- Now add oil and mix well.
- Next add mango puree and give it a final mix.
- Keep the batter aside for 10-15 minutes so that semolina absorbs the water.
- Grease the muffin moulds. Fill ¾ of each mould with this batter.
- Sprinkle the chopped cherries.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 C and next 5 minutes at 200 C.
- Let it cool before de-molding and serve hot or in room temperature!
~Add sugar depending on the sweetness of mango.
~ I have baked it in mini muffin moulds; it can be baked in any size and shaped baking trays. If you are using bigger trays just bake it for 30 minutes.
~ I have used fresh mango pulp, canned pulp can also be used. t