I am a hardcore fan of tea cakes. This Banana Cake can also be served with tea or coffee or can be served as Banana Bread for breakfast. You all may face the same problem as I face specially during summer times ….. Bananas become very ripe and you are left with no other choice but to throw them in dustbin. But with this cake recipe you can make a nice moist cake very easily. So here it is the easiest banana cake to make, just right for using up those very ripe bananas in the fruit bowl!
- All purpose flour – 200 gms
- Sugar – 100 gms
- Oil – ½ cup
- Egg – 1
- Banana – 1 (Mashed)
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Raisins – 2 tsp
- Walnut / Cashew – A handful
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Mash the banana in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Grease the cake pan lightly with oil. You can also line the pan with butter paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Sieve the flours, baking powder.
- Beat the egg in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the ingredients one by one with the egg including the mashed banana except the walnut / cashew.
- Pour the mix in the cake pan.
- Shake the pan lightly so that the cake is spread evenly throughout the whole pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnut / cashew on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 180 degrees C for 35-40 minutes or more or less depending on your oven.
~ This is a very moist cake so it can not be stored for longer period.