Raw Banana is not edible without cooking. And there is not that much variety of cooking raw banana in Indian cuisine. A few dishes are made with this fruit, such as chips, curry, cutlets or fritters. This vegetable is not much loved by most of the houses. But raw banana is full of iron so it is very good for our health.
This plantain has less sugar and more starch than normal banana. Today I am going to share a recipe of Plantain, which will make this not so favourite fruit more delicious. In this recipe we will use boiled raw banana, onion, chilli, ginger, salt and some other common ingredients. But this dish will be very tasty and can be served as a starter for the vegetarian guests.
- Cut the bananas with skin into two. Pressure-cook the raw bananas and potatoes. But do not over cook them as it those become very soft the cutlets cannot be shaped properly.
- Remove the skins and mash them into smooth paste and keep aside.
- In a pan dry roast the cumin seeds and dry red chillie. Let it cool and then grind them into fine powder.
- Heat 2-3 tsp of oil. Add chopped onion in the oil and fry till it becomes translucent.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste, and chopped green chillie.
- When oil starts separating add the mashed raw banana and potato mixture. Start mixing very well.
- Add turmeric powder, roasted cumin-red chillie powder, garam masala powder, salt and sugar. And mix very well.
- When the mixture will start separating from the pan the mixture is done.
- Add chopped coriander leaves, raisins and crushed roasted pea nuts. Transfer the mixture in a big bowl and let it cool for some time.
- When the mixture cools off divide the mixture into 8-10 balls and give them a shape of your choice.
- Dissolve the cornflour in some water.
- Coat the cutlets with the bread crumbs.
- Now dip them in cornflour mixture and coat them again with bread crumbs.
- Let the cutlets rest for some time.
- Shallow fry the cutlets till they become light brown and crisp on all sides.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce and salad.